Thursday, July 12, 2012

Clare Graham

c13
c1
c21
c2
c4
c5
c10
c20
c22
c23
c25
c26
c27




So I finally got to visit Clare Grahams Art Studio and I have to say it was an 
INCREDIBLE experience. I am still in awe of his work. 
Actually Im still in shock of knowing I actually met him.
This is BIG.
So where to begin...
I first learned of Clare Graham through a magazine. I remember looking at
the amazing photographs of his creations and thinking to myself WOW is this real? 
where is this "world of imagination"  and can I please go. I assumed it would be difficult 
if not impossible to visit his studio considering the fact that the man is a 
GENIUS, must be incredibly busy, and over booked. 
I emailed him and BOY was I surprised he responded. 
IT WAS THE COOLEST THING. EVER> !

So I get directions and head on out, get there and meet THE INCREDIBLE Clare Graham.
Amazing concepts fill the studio space. Effortless yet complete works of art which i can imagine
take loads of time to complete as each piece is detailed to perfection.
I watched all the work come alive right before my eyes. I wondered where each
element came from, who they previously belonged to, what each piece's story was. 
Clare Graham gets his materials
from Thrift shops, garage sales, flea markets, state sales, places of that sort.
He creates thing using bottle caps, puzzle pieces, scrabble letters, pencils, buttons
things you'd otherwise throw out, he transforms into art.

I can say I truly appreciate the creation of people like Clare Graham because 
He was born with a tremendous gift and is now able to
share his work to inspire, and motivate in the form of creativity.
We're all capable but only the ones who choose to carry out their talents are those
to be admired and I truly admire Clare Graham.
I highly recommed you visit his studio SOOON.